Our Next Trip
2018: Normandy Allies offers opportunities to commemorate strategic events of the Normandy Landings.
Normandy Allies International Experience: July 15-28, 2018
Registration period: October 1, 2017 – March 5, 2018
Space is limited and subject to availability
The International Experience is a journey not for the ordinary tourist but for those who wish to learn in greater depth about Normandy, past and present.
The days are intensive and rich with meaning as we walk the beaches, explore the hedgerows, and talk with historians and eyewitnesses.
Phase I: British and Canadian Sectors
We explore the World War II British and Canadian sectors. Our visits include: Caen Peace Memorial, Juno Beach, Abbaye d’Ardenne, Pegasus Bridge and glider landing area, Arromanches Circular Theater and Mulberry Museum, Longues s/mer German Battery, Bayeux British Cemetery, and more…
Phase II: American Sector
Our journey takes us from Omaha Beach and Utah Beach through the hedgerow country to Saint-Lô. Historians and Normans who lived through the landings and the liberation share their experiences with us. Our visits include: Omaha Beach and the Normandy American Military Cemetery at Colleville s/mer, Brittany American Cemetery at St. James, Pointe du Hoc, Utah Beach and Museum, Graignes, La Fière, Sainte-Mère-Eglise and the Airborne Museum, Saint-Lô and bocage areas, Lebrec Cider Farm, LaCambe Cemetery, Chateau Colombières and the marshes, rue Captain Carter, Wall of Remembrance, Trevières… and more….
Throughout our time in Normandy, we lodge in the charming town of Bayeux at the Hotel Churchill Immersing ourselves in French heritage— visits to the Bayeux Tapestry and Cathedral, Mont St. Michel…evenings open to enjoy the culture and cuisine…
Normandy Allies welcomes your participation.
LAND PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- 1 night accommodation with opening dinner and orientation at Mercure Paris Roissy Charles deGaulle Hotel. Breakfast included.
- 11 nights hotel accommodations in Bayeux, Normandy. Breakfast included. (Hotel has no elevator and limited ground level rooms. Access to lodging requires walking up/down at least one flight of stairs.)
- 1 night accommodation at Mercure Paris Roissy Charles DeGaulle Hotel, closing night. Breakfast included.
- Touring coach in Normandy
- Historic tour of Utah Beach, Omaha Beach, Pointe du Hoc, Gold Beach, Juno Beach, Sword Beach, Pegasus Bridge, Saint-Lô, Abbaye d’Ardenne, etc.
- Visits to Brittany American Military Cemetery in St. James and Normandy American Military Cemetery in Colleville-sur-Mer
- Visit to Mont St. Michel
- Visits to local towns and villages including Saint-Lô, Sainte-Mere-Église, Grandcamp-Maisy, Vierville-sur-Mer, Arromanches, Trevières, Colombières, Graignes, La Fière, Bayeux, etc.
- Admissions to Caen Peace Memorial and local museums including Pegasus Bridge Memorial, Arromanches Mulberry Museum, Circular Theater, Juno Beach & Bunker Tour, Utah Beach Museum, Sainte-Mere-Eglise Airborne Museum and guided tour of town, Bayeux Tapestry, Bayeux Cathedral guided tour.
- 1 additional group dinner and 6 group lunches
Normandy Allies International Experience 2018
Note: Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
With reservation (beginning October 1, 2017):
$150/pp First Payment due
+ Completed Trip Participation Form
February 28, 2018: $1500/pp Second Payment due*
+ Single Supplement (if applicable)
March 5, 2018: Deadline for Reservations
Subject to availability
April 10, 2018: $1345/pp Final Payment due.
Payments by Check or Money Order Only
Made out to: Normandy Allies, Inc.
Normandy Allies, Inc.
PO Box 1332 Pittsford NY 14534 USA
- Cancellations must be in writing to qualify for refund. Penalties are based on total trip costs.
- $50 non-refundable. No additional penalty for cancellations postmarked on or before March 9, 2018
- 70% penalty: cancellations postmarked March 10—May 30, 2018
- 100% penalty for cancellations postmarked after May 30, 2018
For additional information contact:
Marsha Smith, Program Director
Normandy Allies, Inc.
P.O. Box 1332
Pittsford NY 14534
Telephone: 585-748-2357 Email: email@example.com